Search This Blog
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Poetry and National History Day -Week 6
Over the past week or so in American Studies, we didn't learn much to reflect on, because of the no school days and the National History Day project. I chose John D. Rockefeller for the person for the project. I had chosen him because I was interested on his huge influence on the oil industry and how he had become the richest man in the United States, and still is the richest man ever since inflation had made his worth even more. But since there isn't much to talk about,, I've decided to reflect on our poetry presentation and unit. I found the poetry unit thus far pretty interesting. We studied lots of poems by different authors, such as Edgar Allen Poe and Emily Dickinson. I found that I enjoyed Poe's poems better because there seemed to be a story behind each poem. But for the poetry presentation, I chose to do a poem by Emily Dickinson because she had many literary devices, and they seemed easier and better to analyze. I felt that the presentation went pretty well, but there could've been some things I could have added to make it even better. My poem had dealt with fame and corruption of fame. It was a pretty interesting poem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel like that what drives people like Poe to write such famous poems is either the way there life is or great events that are occurring. There were many artwork and poems that were created during tough times of a state or a country. I agree with you that that poem was very interesting.
ReplyDelete